DEPENDENCE ON GOD / WEALTH IN HEAVEN
Luke 12:22-31 / 32-34
- He said to (his) disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life and what you will eat, or about your body and what you will wear.
- For life is more than food and the body more than clothing.
- Notice the ravens: they do not sow or reap; they have neither storehouse nor barn, yet God feeds them. How much more important are you than birds!
- Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your lifespan?
- If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why are you anxious about the rest?
- Notice how the flowers grow. They do not toil or spin. But I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of them.
- If God so clothes the grass in the field that grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?
- As for you, do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not worry anymore.
- All the nations of the world seek for these things, and your Father knows that you need them.
- Instead, seek his kingdom, and these other things will be given you besides.
- Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.
- Sell your belongings and give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven that no thief can reach nor moth destroy.
- For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.
BIBLE VERSES SOURCES