THE NARROW DOOR; SALVATION AND REJECTIONS
- Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few people be saved?" He answered them,
- "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I tell you, will attempt to enter but will not be strong enough.
- After the master of the house has arisen and locked the door, then will you stand outside knocking and saying, 'Lord, open the door for us.' He will say to you in reply, 'I do not know where you are from.'
- And you will say, 'We ate and drank in your company and you taught in our streets.'
- Then he will say to you, 'I do not know where (you) are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers!'
- And there will be wailing and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out.
- And people will come from the east and the west and from the north and the south and will recline at table in the kingdom of God.
- For behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."
BIBLE VERSES SOURCES