KNOWING CHRIST / SAYING ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God.
- But whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God.
- 5 “Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
- When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say.
- For the holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”
PARABLE OF THE RICH FOOL
- 6 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to share the inheritance with me.”
- He replied to him, “Friend, who appointed me as your judge and arbitrator?”
- Then he said to the crowd, “Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions.”
- Then he told them a parable. “There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest.
- He asked himself, ‘What shall I do, for I do not have space to store my harvest?’
- And he said, ‘This is what I shall do: I shall tear down my barns and build larger ones. There I shall store all my grain and other goods
- and I shall say to myself, “Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”
- But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?’
- Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.” 7