SERMON ON THE PLAIN
- 10 11 And raising his eyes toward his disciples he said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for the kingdom of God is yours.
- Blessed are you who are now hungry, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who are now weeping, for you will laugh.
- Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude and insult you, and denounce your name as evil on account of the Son of Man.
- Rejoice and leap for joy on that day! Behold, your reward will be great in heaven. For their ancestors treated the prophets in the same way.
- But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.
- But woe to you who are filled now, for you will be hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will grieve and weep.
- Woe to you when all speak well of you, for their ancestors treated the false prophets in this way.
- 12 “But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
- bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
- To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic.
- Give to everyone who asks of you, and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back.
- Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Bible Verses Sources