Saturday, June 9, 2012

THE BIBLE VERSES

0 comments


THE BIBLE VERSES



THE WAY OF LOVE
1 CORINTHIANS 13:1-13


 

1 Corinthians
Chapter 13

1
1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues 2 but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
2
And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
3
If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4
3 Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,
5
it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
6
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
7
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8
4 Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
9
For we know partially and we prophesy partially,
10
but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
11
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
12
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
13
5 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.



PROPHESY GREATER THAN TONGUES
1 CORINTHIANS 14:26-33



1 Corinthians
Chapter 14




26
9 So what is to be done, brothers? When you assemble, one has a psalm, another an instruction, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Everything should be done for building up.
27
If anyone speaks in a tongue, let it be two or at most three, and each in turn, and one should interpret.
28
But if there is no interpreter, the person should keep silent in the church and speak to himself and to God.
29
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others discern.
30
But if a revelation is given to another person sitting there, the first one should be silent.
31
For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged.
32
Indeed, the spirits of prophets are under the prophets' control,
33
since he is not the God of disorder but of peace. As in all the churches of the holy ones, 10



THE LOVE OF CHRIST / PRAYER FOR THE READERS
EPHESIANS 3:14-21




Ephesians
Chapter 3





14
7 8 For this reason I kneel before the Father,
15
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
16
that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self,
17
and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love,
18
may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20
Now to him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine, by the power at work within us,
21
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.









--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
---------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment



twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail