Sunday, November 13, 2011

BIBLE VERSES

0 comments







New beginning in Zion and David / A Hymn of Thanksgiving for Gods fidelity
Psalm 78:65-72  /  80:1-4  /  76:12-13  /  92:1-5

God of Universe / The Divine Ruler of All
Psalm 96:1-13  97:10-12

The Good Shepherd
John 10:1-19



Psalms
Chapter 78
New beginning in Zion and David
65
Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a warrior from the effects of wine.
66
He put his enemies to flight; everlasting shame he dealt them.
67
He rejected the tent of Joseph, chose not the tribe of Ephraim.
68
10 God chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion which he favored.
69
He built his shrine like the heavens, like the earth which he founded forever.
70
He chose David his servant, took him from the sheepfold.
71
From tending sheep God brought him, to shepherd Jacob, his people, Israel, his heritage.
72
He shepherded them with a pure heart; with skilled hands he guided them.


Psalms
Chapter 80

1
1 2 For the leader; according to "Lilies." Eduth. A psalm of Asaph.
2
Shepherd of Israel, listen, guide of the flock of Joseph! From your throne upon the cherubim reveal yourself
3
to Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasseh. Stir up your power, come to save us.
4
O LORD of hosts, restore us; Let your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.


Psalms
Chapter 76




12
Make and keep vows to the LORD your God. May all present bring gifts to this awesome God,
13
Who checks the pride of princes, inspires awe among the kings of earth.


Psalms
Chapter 92

1
1 A psalm. A sabbath song.
2
It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praise to your name, Most High,
3
To proclaim your love in the morning, your faithfulness in the night,
4
With the ten-stringed harp, with melody upon the lyre.
5
For you make me jubilant, LORD, by your deeds; at the works of your hands I shout for joy.


Psalms
Chapter 96

1
1 Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2
Sing to the LORD, bless his name; announce his salvation day after day.
3
Tell God's glory among the nations; among all peoples, God's marvelous deeds.
4
2 For great is the LORD and highly to be praised, to be feared above all gods.
5
For the gods of the nations all do nothing, but the LORD made the heavens.
6
Splendor and power go before him; power and grandeur are in his holy place.
7
Give to the LORD, you families of nations, give to the LORD glory and might;
8
give to the LORD the glory due his name! Bring gifts and enter his courts;
9
bow down to the LORD, splendid in holiness. Tremble before God, all the earth;
10
say among the nations: The LORD is king. The world will surely stand fast, never to be moved. God rules the peoples with fairness.
11
Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice; let the sea and what fills it resound;
12
let the plains be joyful and all that is in them. Then let all the trees of the forest rejoice
13
before the LORD who comes, who comes to govern the earth, To govern the world with justice and the peoples with faithfulness.


Psalms
Chapter 97



10
The LORD loves those who hate evil, protects the lives of the faithful, rescues them from the hand of the wicked.
11
Light dawns for the just; gladness, for the honest of heart.
12
Rejoice in the LORD, you just, and praise his holy name.



John
Chapter 10

The Good Shepherd


1
1 2 "Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the gate but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber.
2
But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
3
The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice, as he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4
3 When he has driven out all his own, he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they recognize his voice.
5
But they will not follow a stranger; they will run away from him, because they do not recognize the voice of strangers."
6
Although Jesus used this figure of speech, 4 they did not realize what he was trying to tell them.
7
5 So Jesus said again, "Amen, amen, I say to you, I am the gate for the sheep.
8
6 All who came [before me] are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
9
I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
10
A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.
11
I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
12
A hired man, who is not a shepherd and whose sheep are not his own, sees a wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away, and the wolf catches and scatters them.
13
This is because he works for pay and has no concern for the sheep.
14
I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me,
15
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep.
16
I have other sheep 7 that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.
17
This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.
18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. 8 This command I have received from my Father."
19
Again there was a division among the Jews because of these words.






0 comments:

Post a Comment



twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail